Business Development Team Leader
Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
We are looking for an empathetic, motivational, entrepreneurial and results-oriented professional based in London to lead and develop a sales pod within the UK Campaigns team (sales team).
As Team Lead, you will play a fundamental role in coaching and inspiring a team of 8 sales associates to help how we attract and enable hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies to access investment to realise their growth ambitions. Your goal will be to grow our UK market share and be the owner of your team’s revenue target within this market.
- You will recruit, train and coach a pod within the UK Campaigns (sales) team
- Motivate the team to continue to hit and overachieve weekly, monthly and quarterly targets
- Build and maintain relationships with founders and senior management teams of high growth UK companies and businesses
- Assist the UK team manager and senior commercial leaders with sales strategy development and implementation
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has a background in sales and team leadership who is looking to take a step up in their career and move into the venture capital industry in a more commercial, entrepreneurial role.
- At least 4 years sales experience (or 2.5+yrs selling directly to entrepreneurs) as a top performing individual contributor
- At least 2 years of experience in a team lead / manager role with at least 4+ direct reports
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate entrepreneurs of every kind
- You get great satisfaction out of developing talent and seeing others succeed.
You will likely possess at least 3 of the following key character attributes or professional experiences:
- An empathetic and motivational leader, your team actively seek your advice and guidance and will follow you in the good times and the bad..
- Commercially minded, able to spot opportunities that will help drive Seedrs’ growth as well as prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve team targets.
- No ego, you put your team first - if they look good, you look good.
- Familiar with early-stage investment activity, how it works, and who the key players are in this space
- A standard setter with competitive drive: you set ambitious goals, and build clear strategies on how to achieve them
- Team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
Nice to haves:
- Operational experience which you can use to help our entrepreneurs with their businesses, whether it is in marketing, fundraising, legal, growth hacking, or customer acquisition.
- Experience working at other high growth startups.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Outreach sales products
- Familiar with Seedrs, you’ve either invested with us or worked at one of our portfolio companies.
We have a multi stage interview process
- Meet with UK Team Manager
- Meet with Commercial Director
- Task based interview w/ CCO, CD and UK Manager
- Meet other BD team members, and a values interview with HR
- Competitive salary + bonus structure
- Employee share options
- Hybrid working
- Money to invest through the platform.
- Competitive annual leave allowance and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Regular travel to our fantastic offices in London