Legal Associate - Venture Funds & Syndicates
Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £1.9B invested into campaigns and more than 1650 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal, Germany and the Netherlands. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
You may also have seen we recently announced we’re merging with US platform Republic and expect that transaction to complete in the coming months.
What you'll do
- We are looking for an in-house lawyer to support some of our innovative new investment products. While we might be best known for crowdfunding, the Seedrs platform provides sophisticated investment infrastructure that can be used in a wide range of venture investment scenarios. This role will focus on our venture funds and investment syndicates, and may encompass further structured investment products that we develop.
- Venture funds: our new fund product allows smaller ticket investors to participate in premium LP funds via the Seedrs platform. This is a growing area for us, having worked with the likes of Seedcamp, Passion Capital, Zinc and Jamjar on their latest funds. This creates a unique access point for our investors to these investment opportunities and gives VCs the opportunity to diversify their investor base and open up to their community.
- Syndicates: we have worked with leading angel investors to create private syndicate products for their investments, using the Seedrs platform and nominee structure for seamless execution.
- These are just two examples of ways we are innovating in the venture space and we’re now looking to add legal expertise to the team who can help us design & deliver these products.
- You will take the lead on reviewing limited partnership arrangements (or equivalent syndicate establishment documents), negotiating side letters and subscription agreements to accommodate the Seedrs requirements, translating key issues into easily understandable summaries for investors and ensuring the legal flows and user flows work together for a seamless journey.
- You will play an important role working with our commercial team to understand our client’s requirements and the role Seedrs can play in the ecosystem and working with our tech & product teams to ensure we can deliver a world class solution.
- This is not a role for a lawyer who wants to advise from the sidelines: you will play a crucial role in developing a strategic offering for Seedrs and delivering revenue growth for the business and will be embedded in the commercial & operational teams.
Who we’re looking for
- Initial telephone call with our recruitment team
- Interview & technical exercise with two members of our Investment Team.
- Final stage interview with our Chief Investment Officer
- Final stage Culture interview organised by the People team
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary.