Business Development Manager - Netherlands
Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and results-oriented Country Manager based in the Netherlands to lead and develop an operation from the ground up and to lead the expansion of Seedrs in Europe.
As a Country Manager, you will play a fundamental role in driving and owning our EU growth, growing and leading a team in the Netherlands and taking a lead role in how we enable hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies to access funds to realise their ambitions across Europe. Your goal will be to validate and grow our presence in the Dutch market and be the owner of your own growth strategy and team within this market.
You will have the opportunity to speak to leading founders and entrepreneurs from across the Netherlands and Europe and educate them about raising investment with us and our fundraising process on Seedrs. You will be given the freedom to drive change with us in the Dutch ecosystem from day one.
- You will be the lead for Seedrs’s growth into the Dutch market
- Research and originate new ‘marquee’ investment opportunities through outreach and through engaging your personal network for referrals. You will own the commercial strategy for the region and own the lead generation pipeline
- Build and maintain relationships with founders and senior management teams of high growth European companies and businesses based in the Netherlands as well as key local partners, venture capital firms and institutional investors
- Educate and advise founders on the benefits of raising investment on Seedrs
- Agree and close commercial agreements with founders for large investment funding rounds on Seedrs
- You will build and implement strategies to maintain our position as the leading and most trusted platform in the Netherlands
The varied nature of this role means there is no set profile for the ‘perfect’ Country Manager, individuals have come from traditional sales backgrounds as well as being ex-lawyers, accounts and entrepreneurs and also having worked in the investment/VC space.
What they all have in common is a passion for startups! We hire for attitude and train for skill.
The job requires a wide set of skills, including top-notch interpersonal skills, a commercial mindset, understanding of a sales process, an ability to build a sales pipeline and a genuine empathy for entrepreneurs and the challenges they go through. We look for self-starters; you need to act as an entrepreneur yourself, and are expected to challenge the way you work, adapting accordingly to the needs of your clients and the business.
Who we’re looking for
You will likely possess at least 2 of the following key character attributes or professional experiences:
- At least 4-6 years experience in consultative sales, investments, business development and/or partnerships with SMEs. (Or, experience in a more corporate/technical position with a passion for startups and a desire to pivot into a more commercial role).
- Experience in leading, growing and managing teams from the ground up
- You have a very strong startup network and are well connected within the startup community that will enable you to hit the ground running with potential deal flow from day 1
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate entrepreneurs of every kind
- Speak fluent English alongside an additional European language (Dutch).
- A keen eye for detail, you write compelling proposals and presentations and are able to deliver these to businesses and potential investors with excellent presentation skills
- Commercially minded, able to spot opportunities that will help drive Seedrs’ growth as well as prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve company targets.
- Confident speaking to C-level executives and founders either 1:1 or presenting to a room of 30+ people at an event
- Familiar with early-stage investment activity, how it works, and who the key players are in this space
- A standard setter with competitive drive: you set ambitious goals, and build clear strategies on how to achieve them
- Team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
Nice to haves
- Operational experience which you can use to help our entrepreneurs with their businesses, whether it is in marketing, fundraising, legal, growth hacking, or customer acquisition.
- Knowledge of marketing and how it supports business growth.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Outreach sales products
- Familiar with Seedrs, you’ve either invested with us or worked at one of our portfolio companies.
We have a multi stage interview process
- Meet with Commercial Director
- Meet with CCO
- Task based interview w/ CCO, CD and EU Manager
- Meet other EU BD team members, and a culture interview with HR
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- Competitive annual leave allowance and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Regular travel to our fantastic offices in London