Head of France
Who we are
Seedrs is the world’s leading private equity marketplace and the most active funder of private companies in the UK and Europe, with over £1.9B invested into campaigns and more than 1650 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Germany, Portugal and The Netherlands. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial and results-oriented professional based in Paris to lead and develop an operation from the ground up and to lead the expansion of Seedrs in France.
As Head of France, you will play a fundamental role in driving and owning our growth in the region, growing and leading a team in France and taking a lead role in how we enable hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies to access funds to realise their ambitions across Europe. Your goal will be to validate and grow our presence in the French market and be the owner of your own growth strategy and team within this market.
You will speak to leading founders, entrepreneurs and VCs from across France and Europe, educating them about raising investment with us and our fundraising process on Seedrs. You will be given the freedom to drive change with us in the French ecosystem from day one.
- You will be the lead for Seedrs' growth into France
- Originate new ‘marquee’ investment opportunities (late Seed - Series D) through outreach and through engaging your personal network for referrals. You will own the commercial strategy for the region and own the lead generation pipeline
- Build and maintain relationships with founders and senior management teams of high growth European companies and businesses based in France as well as key local partners, venture capital firms and institutional investors
- Educate and advise founders and VC Partners on the benefits of raising investment on Seedrs
- Agree and close commercial agreements with founders for large investment funding rounds on Seedrs
- You will build and implement strategies to maintain our position as the leading and most trusted platform in France
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has a background in Venture Capital and is connected with all the key players in the French ecosystem who is looking to leverage their network in a more commercial, entrepreneurial role.
- At least 5-10 years experience in venture capital at a leading EU VC fund focused on consumer startups in France.
- You have a very strong startup network and are well connected within the startup community
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate entrepreneurs of every kind
- Speak fluent English and French.
You will likely possess at least 3 of the following key character attributes or professional experiences:
- A keen eye for detail, you write compelling proposals and presentations and are able to deliver these to businesses and potential investors with excellent presentation skills
- Commercially minded, able to spot opportunities that will help drive Seedrs’ growth as well as prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve company targets.
- Confident speaking to C-level executives and founders either 1:1 or presenting to a room of 30+ people at an event
- Familiar with early-stage investment activity, how it works, and who the key players are in this space
- A standard setter with competitive drive: you set ambitious goals, and build clear strategies on how to achieve them
- Team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
Nice to haves:
- Operational experience which you can use to help our entrepreneurs with their businesses, whether it is in marketing, fundraising, legal, growth hacking, or customer acquisition.
- Experience in leading, growing and managing teams from the ground up
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Outreach sales products
- Familiar with Seedrs, you’ve either invested with us or worked at one of our portfolio companies.
We have a multi stage interview process
- Meet with Commercial Director
- Meet with CCO
- Task based interview w/ CCO, CD and EU Manager
- Meet other EU BD team members, and a culture interview with HR
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary + bonus.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- Competitive annual leave allowance and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Regular travel to our fantastic offices in London