Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with almost £1.9B invested into campaigns and more than 1650 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
We are now looking to hire an Associate to join the team to look after everything ‘people experience’. This role is an entry-level position for anyone who wants to progress their career in HR and people operations.
What you'll do
- This role is multifaceted covering everything from office management, ensuring our office space is well maintained and runs seamlessly - we want a space that people look forward to visiting and is conducive to a hybrid way of working - to supporting the People teams’ administration such as onboarding, compliance, training, benefits and employee engagement to name a few.
- You’ll be constantly thinking about ways to improve the space we work in and the internal processes you’re involved in.
- Workplace Experience
- Making sure tech works so we can optimise hybrid working (you don’t have to be an IT wizz but you must be comfortable dealing with tech).
- Point of contact for cleaners and building management.
- Ensuring the space we work in is set up for hybrid working (ensuring all desks have the correct cables, chargers, adapters).
- You’ll be the H&S advocate in the office ensuring all H&S is taken care of.
- Supporting the set up of internal events e.g. lunches, parties, etc.
- People team Administration
- Onboarding: making sure everything is set up for new joiners - from sorting equipment and access to the office, to setting up contracts, benefits, training sessions, etc.
- Support the People team in driving engagement activities: scheduling of Lunch & Learns, supporting the arrangement of teamwide social events, awards etc.
- Assist with and deliver our company-wide People comms such as our monthly newsletter
What we’re looking for
- You’ll be highly organised, as mentioned above, this is a multifaceted role so you’ll need to be able to demonstrate a strong ability to multi-task and deal with a number of priorities at once.
- You’ll have a strong attention to detail - we place a high degree of trust in our People team, it’s imperative that we maintain the integrity of our team.
- You’ll have strong communications skills - we want to maintain an open dialogue as part of our culture and the People team is key to this.
- You’ll be innovative and entrepreneurial in your approach - we want you to feel you can contribute to our team and add a new perspective to our current approach, we want to be constantly evolving and improving our offering.
- You must be hard-working, personable and able to engage with a number of different individuals internally and externally to the business.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a sensitive approach to confidential matters.
- 30 minute screening call
- 45 minutes interview with our People & Operations Manager
- 45 minute interview with our People & Operation Director and a culture interview organised by the People team
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!