Senior Marketing Manager - Investors
Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
We are looking for a Senior Manager (Head of) Investor Marketing to deliver a step change in growth in our investor community. Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the successful candidate will lead all investor acquisition, retention and engagement at Seedrs. You will be responsible for the full investor marketing funnel, leading the investor marketing team, and setting and executing the investor marketing strategy. You’ll set and execute an integrated marketing strategy and partner closely with the communications and social media team to ensure Seedrs has a consistent brand voice to all investors across paid, owned, and earned media channels. This person will be an ambitious self-starter, not afraid to roll up their sleeves, and will be comfortable managing a team.
Please note, this role includes responsibilities that fall under the Certification Regime of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime (“SMCR”). Should your application to this role be successful, as part of the recruitment process you will be assessed as being fit and proper to fulfil the responsibilities of the Client Dealing function.
What you’ll do
This is an exciting role with huge scope for personal and professional growth. You will be building our direct investor marketing function, be a leader within the marketing organisation and work closely with Seedrs’ Executive Team and the Republic marketing and communications teams. You will have the opportunity to define our investor marketing strategy and build Seedrs’ investor community to be the largest and most active in Europe.
- Be responsible for the overall investor funnel - acquisition, conversion, retention and engagement
- Set the overall investor marketing strategy and ensure it is aligned to and delivers on the overall company strategy, driving increased liquidity through the platform
- Prioritise team resources to most effectively deliver on goals and reprioritise as data and inputs change
- Own marketing budget and performance to goals
- Build a data-driven marketing approach that creates transparency and accountability for the impact of investor marketing activities
- Manage investor marketing team performance and development
- Build actionable insights and analytics programme to improve data-driven decision making
- Lead integrated campaign planning and execution across paid and earned media channels
- Develop and execute a lifecycle marketing strategy that nurtures new and active investors and minimises churn
- Oversee investor product marketing to drive improved product adoption throughout the product lifecycle of investor products such as the secondary market, autoinvest, private deal room, and more
- Manage of any external suppliers and agencies that are engaged, as applicable
What we’re looking for
Someone with 8 - 12 years’ experience in consumer marketing, ideally with hands on fintech or tech experience. You will have owned the full customer marketing funnel and have a deep understanding of the relationship between acquisition, retention and engagement in driving overall business and revenue growth.
- Are a highly data-driven, results-oriented marketer, who brings an iterative mindset to consistent marketing performance improvement across your whole team
- Have team management experience and understand how to build high-performing teams
- Have deep budget management experience and can effectively deploy and measure marketing spend
- Know how to build and nurture a full customer funnel and understand how to balance customer acquisition and retention
- Understand the role of brand and performance marketing in building strong customer engagement
- Think creatively and bring new ideas to the table to reach and engage customers - creating new playbooks and experimenting
- Passionate about building engaged customer communities and being the voice of the customer internally and externally
- Have the ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- Have experience working in financial services and/or tech companies, giving you the ability to get people excited about, and simplify, complex narratives
- Are detail oriented, highly organised and can manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!