PR and Communications Manager
Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the successful candidate will lead all PR & Communications (including social media) activities at Seedrs. You will help drive Seedrs brand profile, reputation, and thought leadership externally, setting the PR and communications strategy and driving Seedrs brand communications, corporate communications, and amplifying the communications strategies of the entrepreneur community. You’ll also manage Seedrs social media and content producer, uniting our external communications across all earned and owned channels. This person will be an ambitious self-starter, not afraid to roll up their sleeves, and will be comfortable managing a team.
What you’ll do
This is an exciting role with huge scope for personal and professional growth. As we bring communications back in house, this person will be the leader of the nascent function reporting directly into the CMO and working closely with Seedrs’ Executive Team and the Republic marketing and communications teams. You will have the opportunity to define our communications strategy and build Seedrs into a world-class thought leader in the private investing space.
- Develop and execute an exciting communications strategy designed to drive Seedrs brand reputation across the investing ecosystem
- Leverage our 10 years of investment data to help identify trends and drive thought leadership and op-ed opportunities
- Build strong relationships with European fintech, finance, and consumer media, including hosting successful press events and media days
- Directly line manage the Seedrs Social Media Associate, ensuring that we have a unified voice and strategy for amplifying messages across earned and owned media
- Develop and execute a creative media approach to support our European expansion, sensitive to the regulatory and market maturity differences between countries
- Partner with Republic to develop a global media approach for Seedrs + Republic as we complete the acquisition
- Identify opportunities to raise the profile of interesting startups raising funds with Seedrs and further amplify relationships with key partners across earned media
- Lead crisis management communications as and when applicable, extended to portfolio when needed
- Manage of any external suppliers and agencies that are engaged, as applicable
- Manage all corporate communications for Seedrs
What we’re looking for
Someone with 5-8 years’ experience in PR & Communications in a fast-paced, high growth work environment. In-house experience is ideal, but relevant agency experience will be considered for the right candidate.
- Have the ability to work independently with a strong sense of ownership
- Think creatively and bring new ideas to the table, with a particular interest in using data to tell stories that are compelling internally and externally
- Have experience working in financial services and/or tech companies, giving you the ability to get people excited about, and simplify, complex narratives
- Are detail oriented, highly organised and can manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Can manage a team to deliver integrated marketing communication approaches
- Know how to measure and communicate PR impact to a broad group of stakeholders
- Are able to analyse and react to situations that evolve rapidly with tact and diplomacy, including managing crisis communications with a level head
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!