Senior Business Development Associate - Denmark
- Full Time
- Business Development
- Mid Level
Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK and Europe, with over £1.7B invested into campaigns and more than 1500 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across the Netherlands, Portugal and Germany. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
As a Senior Business Development Associate at Seedrs, you will play a fundamental role in driving our Danish growth, mentoring junior members of the team and taking a lead role in how we enable hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies to access funds to realise their ambitions.
You will have the opportunity to speak to leading founders and entrepreneurs from across Denmark and educate them about crowdfunding and the fund raising process on Seedrs. You will be given the freedom to drive change with us in the Danish ecosystem from day one.
- Research and originate new investment opportunities through cold outreach and through engaging your personal network for referrals
- Screen inbound applications generated through our marketing and partnership activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with founders and senior management teams of high growth Danish companies.
- Educate and advise founders on the benefits of equity crowdfunding and the Seedrs process.
- Agree and close commercial agreements with founders for large funding rounds on Seedrs.
The varied nature of this role means there is no set profile for the ‘perfect’ Senior Associate, individuals have come from traditional sales backgrounds as well as being ex-lawyers, accounts and entrepreneurs.
What they all have in common is a passion for startups! We hire for attitude and train for skill.
The job requires a wide set of skills, including top-notch interpersonal skills, a commercial mindset, understanding of a sales process, an ability to build a sales pipeline and a genuine empathy for entrepreneurs and the challenges they go through. We look for self-starters; you need to act as an entrepreneur yourself, and are expected to challenge the way you work, adapting accordingly to the needs of your clients and the business.
Who we’re looking for
You will likely possess at least 2 of the following key character attributes or professional experiences:
- At least 3-5 years experience in consultative sales, business development and/or partnerships with SMEs. (Or, experience in a more corporate/technical position with a passion for startups and a desire to pivot into a more commercial role).
- You have a strong startup network and are well connected within the startup community that will enable you to hit the ground running with potential deal flow from day 1.
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with passionate entrepreneurs of every kind.
- A keen eye for detail, you write compelling proposals and presentations and are able to deliver these to businesses and potential investors with excellent presentation skills.
- Commercially minded, able to spot opportunities that will help drive Seedrs’ growth as well as prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
- Confident speaking to C-level executives and founders either 1:1 or presenting to a room of 30+ people at an event.
- Familiar with early-stage investment activity, how it works, and who plays in the space.
- A standard setter with competitive drive: you set ambitious goals, and build clear strategies on how to achieve them.
- Team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
Nice to haves
- Operational experience which you can use to help our entrepreneurs with their businesses, whether it is in marketing, fundraising, legal, growth hacking, or customer acquisition.
- Knowledge of marketing and how it supports business growth.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Outreach sales products
- Familiar with Seedrs, you’ve either invested with us or worked at one of our portfolio companies.
We have a multi stage interview process
- 30 minute chat with a BD Manager
- 1 hr task interview with a BD Manager and the Commercial Director
- Final interview with the CCO, other BD team members, and HR
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary and targeted bonus/commission model.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Regular travel/access to our London office.