Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with over £2B invested into campaigns and more than 1700 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And we allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London, with teams also across Portugal and the rest of Europe. We are backed by top-tier institutional investors and VCs, as well as over 4,000 of our own users.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What You'll Do
This is a varied role, which will provide you with exposure to a wide range of start-ups, entrepreneurs and investment structures.
This position, and the Portfolio Team, sits within the Investment Team, which is at the core of our operations: the Investment Team works with all entrepreneurs raising through Seedrs, helping them to get funded whilst informing and protecting our investors. You’ll be working with the rest of the Portfolio team to ensure successful management portfolio companies, including:
- Working with companies on follow-on rounds
- Managing pre-emptions for our portfolio companies, liaising with entrepreneurs and investors, and executing investments
- Monitoring our portfolio, reviewing information on portfolio companies from various sources, identifying and communicating key issues to relevant team members
- Assessing our portfolio company’s eligibility for our secondary market and ensuring its smooth operation
- Identifying new products or improvements that help our team scale or add value for our entrepreneurs and investors.
Who we're looking for:
- A self-starter and problem-solver who is able to use their initiative to add value for our portfolio companies and investors, and improve the way we do things
- Someone who is well organised with strong attention to detail
- Ability to time manage efficiently and prioritise across multiple workstreams
- Genuine interest in the startup ecosystem and venture capital
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain good relationships
- Financial and analytical skills or experience in equity investing is a big plus
We have a multi stage interview process:
- 30 minute telephone interview with our Senior Portfolio Manager.
- 1 hour interview with our Senior Portfolio Manager and Senior Portfolio Associate or Portfolio Manager, including a 30 minute section to discuss a case study we will ask you to prepare.
- 45 minute interview with our Senior Portfolio Manager & CIO.
- Culture interview held by the People Team.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!