Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst (BASED IN EITHER PORTUGAL OR LONDON)
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What you'll do
- Understand the startup funding business and keep up-to-date with the latest developments
- Work with several teams within the company to provide them with data-driven insights to aid decision making
- Create and maintain visual dashboards for the business
- Help other teams automate their reports
- Develop analyses to understand our customers and market trends
- Share your analyses and insights with our product and tech teams to have an immediate impact on how we build and adapt our platform
- Work closely with our Data & BI teams who will be helping with your onboarding
Who we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst, BI developer or in a similar role
- Working knowledge of visualisation tools such as Looker Tableau, PowerBI (we use Looker)
- Professional experience with SQL and versioning control (Git)
- You are comfortable working autonomously, you are proactive and have a can-do attitude
- Logical and critical thinking, commitment to quality and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - you are able to articulate your conclusions and findings in a clear and concise manner
- Fluent in English
Nice to haves
- Experience with Looker
- Coding skills in Python
- Have worked with analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Tag Manager
- Experience in web analytics and comfortable using the associated metrics
- Having worked in a Fintech environment before
- SQL (Redshift)
- 30 minute call with our Data Manager
- Take-home challenge (estimated time of 1h)
- Presentation and technical interview with the Data Manager. What to expect: questions about your experience, academic, professional background; questions about data modelling.
- Culture interview led by the People team.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the Seedrs platform each month.
- 22 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Medical insurance with Dental cover.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Annual Wellness allowance.
- Professional Development budget.
- Lunch & Learn sessions.
- Company Offsites and Team socials.